[Qgis-user] add Google Biking Layer to QGIS

Hugh Kelley hghklly at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 11:36:04 PST 2022

Sorry sloppy with my terminology.

Point I was trying to make was that it's available for use in general
webmapping, which seems sufficient for using in QGIS but I'm unsure of how
I could plug that into QGIS.

I found the google maps engine which seemed like a step in the right
direction but it's been deprecated for 5+ years.
https://www.qgistutorials.com/en/docs/using_gme_connector.html

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 2:19 PM David Strip <qgis-user at stripfamily.net>
wrote:

> I could be reading the code wrong, but the link you sent is not a leaflet
> map. It's a Google map, served directly from Google.
>
> On 1/17/2022 11:28 AM, Hugh Kelley wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to add Google's bike layer to a QGIS
> map using the google map javascript api.
>
> I believe that the layer is vector not tiles
>
> here's an example of how to add it to a leaflet map so it does seem
> possible to use it in QGIS but it's unclear to me whether there is a
> feature or plugin to work with this sort of datasource rather than adding
> it in with python.
>

> https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/layer-bicycling
>

> Thanks for any suggestions!
>

> --