[Qgis-user] date expressions, symbology, current date

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 18:14:58 PST 2022

Hello Tim,

You can use rule-based renderer for creating your 3 categories.

https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/vector_properties.html#rule-based-renderer

As for the rules of each category, take a look at the now() function that
will retrieve the current date and time, and age() function that will allow
you to calculate the difference between two dates and cast it as months.

https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/functions_list.html#now
https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/functions_list.html#age

Alexandre Neto
User support