[Qgis-user] Trouble in georeferencing

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 13:13:54 PST 2022

Hi,

There are a few ways to fix this.  One way is to specify the no data
value in the original file. The black area around the image will take
that no data value. (This is what I recommend if your data is not 8 bit
data with value between 0 and 255. This way, you can select a no data
value (like -32768) that will not show up elsewhere in the image.

The second way is to go into the georeferencer Transformation
Parameters.  Then select Use 0 for transparency when needed.  This is Ok
in most cases but if you have 0 in your image, then those areas will
disappear also.

The other way is to open the image in GIMP, then, left click on the
layer and select "add Alpha Channel" and then save the file. This will
add a new band to the file and the area around the file will be transparent.

I you have images that have this black band, you can also add no data
values in the layer properties.

Hope this helps

Nicolas

On 2022-01-30 7:25 a.m., Akanksha Chugh wrote:
> There appears black area around the image and also it is stretched out
> and blurred.

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux