[Qgis-user] Burned by QGIS again - Windows 10 QGIS 3.22.8

Stewart Holt stewartbholt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 18:53:27 PDT 2022

This message is telling you that QGIS cannot find qgis_app.dll on any of
the paths of the PATH variable defined in the listed .env file. I do not
have this version installed but I searched for and found
qgis_app.dll in C:\Program Files\QGIS 3.24.2\apps\qgis\bin. First, I would
check to see if that file can be found somewhere in the QGIS install
directory. Next is this directory in the PATH variable listed in the .eve
file? In my case, it was the first path. The line starts
with: PATH=C:\PROGRA~1\QGIS32~2.2\apps\qgis\bin;C:\PROGRA~1\...

 I hate the way they use the ancient "smushed" directory names (limited to
8 or 9 char?). It makes it hard to tell what you are looking at. I would be
surprised to find that any part of QGIS can't handle the current limit on
directory name length. Maybe it is an aversion to spaces in names which
this avoids.

If the .exe file is missing, I would suggest, reboot, uninstall, reboot,
install.

Hope this helps

Stewart