[Qgis-user] Offline background map for large regions

abru345 at gmx.de abru345 at gmx.de
Wed Jul 20 13:42:53 PDT 2022

Hi Asim,

meanwhile I found out that creating a spatialite database needs (unlike
  postgres) only very little RAM for building. On the other side, after
running a wole day and night on conversion of the  ~30GB osm_europe.pbf
with ogr2ogr, I have a 180 GB database now which needs minutes to load...

Don't know if postgres is more performant. Setup is much more complicated.

Regards,

Andreas