[Qgis-user] most efficient way to digitize polygons

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 00:45:24 PDT 2022

Hello Byron,

There are a couple of solutions I normally use in those situations.

But before that take a look at the snapping documentation:

https://docs.qgis.org/3.22/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/editing_geometry_attributes.html#topological-editing

Also check the digitising on the layer properties to constantly validation:

https://docs.qgis.org/3.22/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/vector_properties.html#digitizingmenu

Other than that, I normally prefer to create one by polygon and then split
it with the split geometries tool, but make sure to enable topological
editing.

The other option is using the avoid overlapping option, that way you can do
just a few click in the inside an neighbours polygons and qgis will draw
the boundary for yoy.

Third option, use the tracing tool.

Best regards,

Alexandre Neto
Users support
www.qcooperative.net

A quinta, 16/06/2022, 17:43, Nicolas Cadieux via Qgis-user <