[Qgis-user] reduce resolution of an image in qgis

carlos h carloslda256 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:51:07 PDT 2022

Hello, I have an NDVI image that has a pixel of 4 centimeters, that is, 16
square centimeters.

I have 2 doubts:

1. What method can I use to generalize the NDVI image to 1 square meter in
pixel size?

2. When generalizing the NDVI image to 1 square meter per pixel, what value
does that new pixel take? the mean value of all pixels in 1 square meter?
the maximum value of the pixels? etc, I ask this because if the original
NDVI image has a pixel of 4 centimeters (16 cm2), in 1 square meter there
are more or less 625 pixels, then what pixel value does it take if it is
generalized to 1 square meter? the average? the maximum value?

Thank you very much

Carlos