[Qgis-user] Dimensioning in QGIS

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Fri Jun 24 02:03:38 PDT 2022

Hi Ian,

the only way I know of visualizing dimensions so far is by using a
special style: https://github.com/faunalia/QGIS-Resources.git

To be able to use it, you have to install the  "Resource Sharing"-plugin
and then install "Distance Measurement Styles" from there.

This is a quite clever but also a bit confusing approach, cause the
labels with the numbers are actually no labels in the common sense, but
generated as a font markers within the symbology.
You will have to play around with them to make them look as you like.
It may be good not to use thet style on your original features, but
create a separate dimensioning layer (a duplicate of your orginial layer)

Cheers,

Bernd