[Qgis-user] Issue with drawing order of layers

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jun 29 05:59:18 PDT 2022

Hi Roland,

This is an "advanced" option - that's why the panel is turned off by
default.

This separate "layer order" panel allows you to separate logical
grouping from layer drawing order. In Cartography you often draw points
over lines over polygons in certain orders, but the logical grouping in
the layer tree might be something totally different from the layer
drawing order.

Hope this explains why the two panels exist and why the other panel is
turned off by default.

I assume, the fact that the checkbox was enabled was "pure accident" -
if you don't know that panel.

Andreas