[Qgis-user] geolocating a list of addresses

Thayer Young thayeray at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 07:52:20 PST 2022

 Hi Francesca,
As Ujaval has already pointed out, your problem is probably with the CRS of one of your layers. To check which one is the problem I recommend that you add a basemap, e.g. OpenStreetMap Standard, using the QuickMapServices plugin. The tutorials linked below will show you how to do that, if you do not know already.
https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/training_manual/qgis_plugins/index.html
If the problem is with your CSV file, you should try opening it again, and check that you have set the x and y and CRS correctly. For lat lon data you probably want WGS 84 as the CRS (EPSG code 4326).

If your point coordinates are wonky, you can try the geocoding again using the "Batch Nominatim Geocoder" tool in newer versions of QGIS (3.20+). If your data are in the western hemisphere, check that the longitude is negative, if in the southern hemisphere latitude should be negative.

-Thayer

    On Thursday, March 3, 2022, 08:09:34 AM EST, qgis-user-request at lists.osgeo.org <qgis-user-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote: Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 12:51:14 +0100