[Qgis-user] Missing file: libgrass_gis.7.8.dll

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Thu Mar 3 09:21:48 PST 2022

Il 03/03/2022 18:03, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV ha scritto:
> Hi Andrea,
> I used the Standalone Installer and I have not updated it.
> Can you tell me what libgrass_gis.7.8.dll is used for?

Hi Mike,
libgrass_gis.7.8.dll is part of GRASS GIS. Without it, GRASS GIS will
not work and also the GRASS provider in QGIS will not work.

> Earlier I performed a disk search with Everything for
> "libgrass_gis.7.8.dll" and there were no results.
> I just searched again and Everything now finds the file at: C:\QGIS
> 3.16\apps\grass\grass78\lib\libgrass_gis.7.8.dll

What about your antivirus software? It could be possible the antivirus
software may have locked/moved the file for inspection and then
released/restored it...

Regards.

Andrea