[Qgis-user] Hello, new to QGIS

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 11:47:55 PST 2022

Hi,

you have several options: you can store the QGIS project on a remote
postgres DB and provided that the layer's data is also stored in a remote
accessible DB you should be ready to go.

If the data are stored on disk, you'll have to transfer them to the server
in order to have them accessible on the server.

Of course if you have other filesystem-based assets used by your project
(icons, svgs etc.) you need to transfer them as well, keeping paths
relative to the project path will make everything easier in that regard.

If you don't want/can store the project in the remote postgres DB you can
transfer the project and all other filesystem-based assets to the server.

Kind regards

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 8:02 PM Ben Siewert via Qgis-user <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to QGIS. I'm a web developer and helping a friend with a QGIS
> project.
>
> I'm wondering how I can sync a local QGIS desktop project with a QGIS
> server.
>
> One thing I'm really confused about is on the QGIS server documentation, I
> need the url to point to a file (world.qgs in the docs, link here
> <https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/server_manual/getting_started.html#serve-a-project>
> ).
>
> So my question is:
>
> In order to sync project changes from the Desktop app to the server, do I
> need to only connect to the remote Postgres database? Or do I also need to
> upload this file and point the url to it?
>
> Or is it possible to only have to sync the database?
>
> Thanks a ton in advance, and I'm pretty impressed with this project!
>
> Ben

Alessandro Pasotti
QCooperative:  www.qcooperative.net
ItOpen:   www.itopen.it