[Qgis-user] Using QGIS Server python API from system's default Python

MA relac at minasambiente.com.br
Thu Sep 8 20:04:53 PDT 2022

Hello,

I'm starting to investigate and decide how to manage QGIS server access
from within a Django project.

The EMBEDDING option looks amazing for this I think but I'm having
issues (as expected). Tried to make symlinks of python QGIS from OSGEO4W
to my default /site-packages/ dir and it seems to work, except the PyQt
part. Tried installing PyQt to same version Qgis uses (using the output
version mismatch from error messages), but still not, can't start the
server.

There are common workarounds people uses to circumvent this?

In my case if the option is to move all the framework to inside OSGEO4W
python then my option will be trying  other approaches like creating
python plugins for the scheme I need.

So I'm hoping using it the way I described initially is feasible/possible.

Thanks!

Rodrigo