[Qgis-user] GeoTiff losing CRS

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 08:17:59 PST 2023

Hi,

It would help is you explained what exact algorithm you are using to process the images. Some plugins may not add the CRS to the file while some will not.  Data type and compression will have no effect as expected, unless you are dealing with a bug.  If you keep on having the problems, just open the file, specify the CRS and save it with a new name.  This way, the CRS will be embedded it the tiff header.

Why are you creating a virtual image in the first place?  Are you trying to stitch multiple files together before doing the pansharpening? IMHO, Results should be better if you go at it one scene at a time and then stitch the results later, unless you have no overlapping scenes…

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux