[Qgis-user] Running QGis on a machine with Python 3.11 and PyCharm ?

Toussaint OTTAVI t.ottavi at bc-109.com
Fri Jun 9 12:28:23 PDT 2023

Le 09/06/2023 à 18:11, Toussaint OTTAVI via QGIS-User a écrit :
> If I understand well, I'll have to write a customized startup script,
> with correct path (not pointing to my c:\python\lib) so that QGis can
> start using the included Python interpreter (and not my system-wide
> one). But I didn't find how to achieve that.

For now, the only workaround I found to start QGis is to remove
completely my system-wide "c:\python" directory.
Trying to configure path and PYTHONPATH with priority to the QGis folder
(such as the included .bat files do) does not work. Doing so, and using
SysInternals Process Monitor, we can see it still tries to load things
from my "c:\python" directory, and it fails because there are
incompatible library versions.

Of course, removing my system-wide Python installation is not an
acceptable workaround ;-)

How to force QGis to use only the Python stuff in its folders and
sub-folders ? Virtualenv ?