[Qgis-user] QGIS - WMTS with authentication - enter credentials fail

Andreas Hünermann hueni at pop.agri.ch
Sun Mar 5 16:17:33 PST 2023

Hello dear QGIS user community

I have the following problem: We have a WMTS in our company with area
restrictions, e.g. for individual municipalities. For each restriction the
WMTS requires an authentication. So I can set a username and password for
one or more municipalities and distribute the WMTS in such a way that the
respective municipality also only has a view of the data in their municipal
area based on their login.

I need to manage these allocations. For this purpose, I have started to
create individual views in QGIS. Each view is stored as a separate qgz.

Now recently I have the problem that when I connect to the WMTS and want to
assign a new login, I can enter the username and password, but the password
is automatically deleted from the form again as soon as I press OK.

The password cannot be kept in the form.

Accordingly, I can then of course also not establish a - territory-specific
- connection to the WMTS. What could go wrong?

I am currently using QGIS Desktop 3.22.16 'Białowieża' - long term release,
which I installed using OSGeo4W. The whole thing is running on Windows 10
Pro.

Can anyone possibly help me further? - Thanks a lot!

Best regards

Andreas