[Qgis-user] Qgis 3.22 composer : link a spatial extent (bookmark) to a map object?

celati Laurent laurent.celati at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 07:48:43 PDT 2023

Good afternoon,

With Qgis 3.22, I have to make ten maps (with layout/composer). Each of
them have their own spatial extents. For each of these extents, I created
geo-bookmarks via the main interface of Qgis. My wish is to be able now via
the layout/composer interface, to link for each of these maps the
geobookmark/the defined spatial extent. The idea would be that I could
activate this feature automatically (a bit like an atlas). The complexity
here is that I can't use the atlas functionality because I don't have any
coverage GIS layers that correspond to these spatial extents.

Via the properties item of the map object, there is a sub-menu entitled
"extents" (min x/y and max x/y). But I don't know what expression I should
define for my needs (maybe an expression using the "@map_extent" variable)?
I also noticed that the properties item of the map object also has an icon
allowing to define a geo-bookmark to this map object. It is very good. How
could I extend this functionality automatically for all my 10 maps?

Thanks a lot.