[Qgis-user] Jobs supporting QGIS

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 05:36:56 PDT 2023

Hi Everyone,

Since 2016 I have been supporting QGIS within the US Federal Government.
You can see my QGIS plugin contributions here:

https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/author/C%20Hamilton/

Unfortunately, I have been told to quit further QGIS development by my
current organization and I have a limited time to provide bug support. I
have held this off for about 9 months and suspect that I have another 6
months to formalize what to do. One option is to try and find another US
government job that needs a QGIS plugin developer (anyone out there?). The
other options are to simply move on to non QGIS related projects, retire (I
am eligible), or find some other organization I could work with. I will
make sure that the plugins are either transferred to some other
organization for support or I will do it myself. I won't let them just be
dropped.

I took "The Road not Taken" by supporting open source GIS. Certainly, many
of you here have done the same, but it is not necessarily the most
profitable. For me it has been fun and I have really enjoyed it.

If any of you have any job leads please let me know. I have at least 6
months to make this decision.

Thanks,
Calvin