[Qgis-user] Canvas larger than viewport is rendered/drawn for vector layers, but not for raster layers

Thomas Larsen Wessel mrvelle at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 08:40:13 PST 2023

This screen capture demonstrates much better than words:
https://imgur.com/5LSEsiY.

Is there any way I can make it prerender the raster data as well?

What I have already tried:
* setting almost infinite cache size
* all the relevant QGIS options/settings I could find
* both local (gpkg) and remote WMS raster data
* both Windows and Linux
* QGIS 3.22 and 3.30
* different CRS for layer

Some of my tests did make the rendering speed up, but no matter what it
always renders the raster data only for the canvas inside the view port,
and does not render anything outside of the view port, whereas vector data
is always rendered for an area that extends outside the view port.

Sincerely, Thomas