[Qgis-user] OAPIF does not honour the view extent
jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Sep 12 08:01:23 PDT 2023
I hoped that the OAPIF driver would honor the check box "Only request features overlapping the view extent" but at least in QGIS 3.32 that does not happen.
How to test:
- Set project into EPSG:4326
- Open the Debugging/development tools
- Zoom for example to lat-lon 63.189111,23.538514 and set scale into 1:5000
- Add collection "building" from an open OAPIF service https://beta-paikkatieto.maanmittauslaitos.fi/inspire-buildings/features/v1/. Use feature paging with page size 1000.
- Remove the layer from the project because otherwise QGIS continues downloading a few million building polygons
- Check the http requests
The http history shows that after a bunch of probing OAPIF requests QGIS sends plain &items= request without &bbox= and thus asks the server to send the whole collection. What QGIS does right is that it follows the next-links and continues downloading.
I wonder if the view extent limit should work also for OAPIF or is a not-yet implemented feature?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the QGIS-User