[Qgis-user] Question Concerning Running Geographic Weighted Regression

Aqshems Nichols aqshems at berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 21 10:52:02 PDT 2023

Hello,

My name is Aqshems and I am a graduate student researcher at UC-Berkeley. I
have a general question concerning Geographic Weighted Regression (GWR) in
QGIS. Has anyone successfully conducted a GWR in QGIS? I have attempted to
run a GWR using the Spatial Analysis Toolbox plugin and also Geographically
Weighted Regression plugin but have run into technical issues when I do so.
More specifically, I obtain the following two errors when I do so:

1) Spatial Analysis Toolbox plugin

AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'shape'

Execution failed after 0.86 seconds

[image: image.png]

[image: image.png]

2) Geographically Weighted Regression plugin

AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'shape'

Execution failed after 1.31 seconds
[image: image.png]

[image: image.png]

It is important to note that for the screenshots above I am inputting a
layer with geometry coordinates calculated from the centroid of each census
tract. The original shapefile I am working with is a U.S. state divided
into census tracts. When I enter a shapefile of census tracts without
centroids calculated (shown below), I get a similar error that says
something like AttributeError: 'Polygon' object has no attribute 'x':
[image: image.png][image: image.png]

If anyone has run into this issue and knows how to resolve it and would
like to share, the feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for
your consideration.

Regards,

Aqshems Nichols

aqshems at berkeley.edu