[Qgis-user] Oriented points in Oracle Database

Stefan Giese (WhereGroup) stefan.giese at wheregroup.com
Sun Aug 4 01:02:28 PDT 2024

Hi Michaela,

just an idea as a starting point, it is not a solution: as I understand
the oriented points in ORACLE consists of the point with its coordinates
(x,y,z) and a second virtual point - the two coordinates marked in your
example - and both are building a vector, so there is no angle stored so
far. A possible solution could be, to use an Oracle VIEW and convert the
MDSYS.SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY object in a WKT-Object and an angle. With both
you can plot the point and rotate it. You can use SDO_UTIL to convert
the SDO_GEOMETRY object. Something like

ATAN2(SDO_UTIL.GET_COORDINATE(mySDO_Geometry_Object, 2).SDO_POINT.Y ,
SDO_UTIL.GET_COORDINATE(mySDO_Geometry_Object, 2).SDO_POINT.X)

will return the angle in radians

Best regards
Stefan

Am 02.08.2024 um 12:58 schrieb Huesmann, Michaela via QGIS-User:

> Hello all,
>
> in an Oracle DB  I have a table with oriented points. In the GIS
> program GeoMedia and GeoMedia Smart Client the points are visualised
> correct with rotation but not so in QGIS. Is there a way in QGIS to
> use the rotation saved within the SDO_GEOMETRY?
>
> Also my points with rotation where already existing in the table. Now
> I added some more points in QGIS but without rotation. How can I
> rotate them later? I hope there is a way without adding an extra data
> field and inserting a value for each rotation.
>
> My geometries in Oracle look like these examples::
>
> oriented Point in Oracle DB with rotation
>
> MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY(3001, NULL, NULL, MDSYS.SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY(1, 1,
> 1, 4, 1, 0), MDSYS.SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY(391055.730698232,
> 5776970.49374646, 0, -0.958224533235959, 0.286017034291192, 0))
>
> oriented Point in Oracle DB without rotation
>
> MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY(3001, NULL, NULL, MDSYS.SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY(1, 1,
> 1, 4, 1, 0), MDSYS.SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY(391052.320592445,
> 5776971.48062262, 0, 1, 0, 0))
>
> Best regards,
>
> Michaela
>

> Kreisstadt Steinfurt <http://www.steinfurt.de>
>
>  - 48565 Steinfurt
> www.steinfurt.de <http://www.steinfurt.de>
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
> im Auftrag
> MichaelaHuesmann
> Geodaten
> Fachdienst Tiefbau
>
> Tel.: +49 2552 925 219
> Fax:
> E-Mail: michaela.huesmann at Stadt-Steinfurt.de
> <mailto:michaela.huesmann at Stadt-Steinfurt.de>
>

> Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail ausdrucken.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Stefan Giese
Projektleiter/Consultant
FOSS Academy Sommerschule: Kompaktkurs zum Aufbau einer GDI
02.-06. September 2024, Präsenzveranstaltung in Bonn
https://www.foss-academy.com/kompaktkurse
WhereGroup GmbH
Schwimmbadstr. 2
79100 Freiburg