[Qgis-user] Python code to select polygon at location

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Sun Aug 25 09:20:42 PDT 2024

Ah - bad explanation on my part. [apologies]
I have the coordinates from a spreadsheet and I am busy making the Point
SHP (but wanting some attribute values from underlying polygons)

On 2024/08/25 18:47, oisin.kelly.wild--- via QGIS-User wrote:
> For the point layer create a calculated field using overlay_within()
> function.
>
> Oisin
> 07570 977449
>
> Get BlueMail for Android
> On 25 Aug 2024, at 16:07, Greg Troxel via QGIS-User
> <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
>
>     Zoltan Szecsei via QGIS-User<qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> writes:
>
>         Hi, I'm doing my "once a year need to do something in python
>         with QGIS" :-/ Using QGIS 3.38 and PyCharm. I have a SHP file
>         with 28000 polygons. Another SHP *spreadsheet* file with 22000
>         Points Both in EPSG:4326 Without using QGIS processing, what
>         is the quickest way to, for each point 1 by 1, find the
>         underlying polygon and read the attribute field values of that
>         polygon?
>

>     Load it into postgis and write a select statement?

Zoltan Szecsei GPrGISc 0031
Director, Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

Cape Town, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028 (Signal, not WhatsApp)
         +974-5058-8729
         +36-20-4808362

www.geograph.co.za