[Qgis-user] Open another instance of QGIS in Windows

Thomas Larsen Wessel mrvelle at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 00:19:06 PDT 2024

I want two instances open at the same time, with each their project, so I
can copy layer styling from one project to another.

Previously I did the following. Go to Windows Explorer, double click a .qgz
file, and that project would open in another instance.

At some point, the file associations were lost, and if I double click the
files, it asks what application to use, and QGIS is not even on the list. I
think this happened after I installed using osgeo4w-installer, for "Just
me" (though I'm not sure).

Anyway, is there anything I can do to open another instance?

Sincerely, Thomas