[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.38 for MAC Intel downloads as 3.36.3

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Sat Jun 29 01:58:11 PDT 2024

> Andrew Duncan adaw at bigpond.com
> Fri Jun 28 21:44:52 PDT 2024

> Hi, I’m running QGIS 3.36.3 on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.7 Intel. My version of QGIS has informed me there is an update for QGIS to version 3.38. I have downloaded the “new” update several times over the past day or so and on each installation it installs as QGIS 3.36.3

Hi Andrew,
unfortunately the .dmg macOS installers for both QGIS 3.38.0 and QGIS
3.34.8 are currently not yet available due to the lack of new
certificates to sign them with [1], while the QGIS Website and QGIS
Desktop incorrectly advertise them even for macOS users.

The issue has been already reported to the qgis.developer mailing list
[2] and to the GitHub repository of the QGIS Website [3].

A pull request has been already submitted [4], but not yet applied, in
order to make the QGIS Website actually advertise the currently
available QGIS version 3.36.3 and 3.34.7 for macOS users.

You will find the QGIS 3.38.0 .dmg installer
(qgis_pr_final-3_38_0_*.dmg) for macOS at [5] when available.

Consider that you can currently install QGIS 3.38.0 on macOS
using MacPorts [6].

Regards.

Andrea

[1] https://x.com/JuergenEFischer/status/1806314913721155716