[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.38 for MAC Intel downloads as 3.36.3

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Sun Jun 30 17:41:56 PDT 2024

Garth Fletcher via QGIS-User <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> writes:

> It would be very helpful if the Mac download file names included the
> version info.
> For example:
>  "qgis-macos_3_34_7-ltr.dmg"   instead of just "qgis-macos-ltr.dmg"

I'll second this, and say that a filename with varying contents is bad
practice and there should be no qgis-foo-ltr.ext.   Standard practice in
distributing software is just to use version numbers.

If you want to have a latest button in a web page to point to it, that's
fine, but it would be nice if it had the name it would get visible, and
if hovering over it would show it.