[Qgis-user] help with lost meta search engine list

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Mar 10 08:40:22 PDT 2024

On 3/9/24 7:42 PM, Jeff L Licht via QGIS-User wrote:
> Things were going along swimmingly until I opened QGIS today and my list of search engines under Web-meta search was gone. Is there a 'switch' which turned this off? Is it possible to delete this list unknowingly? Can anyone help me even its instructions as to build this list back from scratch.

See https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/MetaSearch/dialogs/manageconnectionsdialog.py#L99
MetaSearch saves the connections in the 'MetaSearch' node in QGIS.ini

You can either edit the .ini file, or you can view it via Options/Advanced (and do NOT use the 'new settings tree widget').
See screenshot.

Not sure how this could vanish.
Maybe you create a new profile?
Or did that QGIS.ini file got corrupt (not very likely)?

(to check: create a new/fresh profile and use the 'Add default services' to have that list, and then look into the settings.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde