[Qgis-user] Unstoppable background task when using SVG as label background

Sykora, Peter Peter.Sykora at ooe.gv.at
Tue Mar 19 06:45:55 PDT 2024

Dear all,
thanks to the documentation on https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/380964/qgis-labels-with-html-formating, I could successfully use inline SVG label backgrounds in my project. I just have an awkward behavior of QGIS when using them: When I initially configure the label background, everything seems to work out properly, the SVG background renders as defined. When I save the project and open it up again, QGIS informs me about the loading process of the SVG, which takes about 12 seconds, just for a simple red circle. I wonder what causes this rather long loading time. If I then try to close QGIS, it informs me about an ongoing background task which I can´t cancel. Neither yes nor no leads to closing QGIS, I have to stop the QGIS process in the task manager. (see screenshot attached or https://i.stack.imgur.com/CfhjO.jpg)
I could reproduce this exact behavior in different QGIS Versions (3.22,3.26,3.28) and I wonder that there seems to be nobody else who came across this problem so far. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing the problem?

Regards
Peter

Mag. Peter Sykora
Amt der Oö. Landesregierung
Direktion Straßenbau und Verkehr
Abteilung Geoinformation und Liegenschaft - DORIS
4021 Linz  *  Landhausplatz 1

Mail: peter.sykora at ooe.gv.at
Büro: DORIS.GeoL.post at ooe.gv.at
Web: www.land-oberoesterreich.gv.at<https://www.land-oberoesterreich.gv.at/>, www.doris.at<http://www.doris.at/>