[Qgis-user] gridding with a polygon

Kirk Schmidt kirk at nortekresources.com
Thu May 2 10:26:58 PDT 2024

Hi Byron:

If I understand this correctly, you are concerned with how the contours
will be generated at the edge of your raster data.  If I have this
correct, I would grid the data that you have based on the attribute you
want to contour.

Create a vector clip layer for your study area that is at least 1 grid
cell smaller than the the boundary size of the original vector data.

Then create the contours from this new raster and you should be good to go.

Kirk Schmidt

On 5/2/2024 2:07 PM, Byron Veilleux via QGIS-User wrote:
> i have a large geologic dataset that i want to grid and contour.
> There is an irregular zero edge that bounds these data on one side and
> a straight bounding area edge on the other sides.  If i create an
> irregular polygon that encloses these data, is there a way to grid and
> contour such that these data are truncated against the polygon and do
> not extend beyond?
> --
> Byron Veilleux, MSc. P.Geo
> Conjugate Geologic Services Limited