[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.34 and QGZ on network drives

Thomas Schüttenberg thomas at qgis.de
Fri May 3 01:47:25 PDT 2024

Hi Andrea,

thanks for pointing me to libzip.
In addition to the mentioned error message in the QGIS log panel "error code 28" is displayed. A web search revealed, that this might refer to [ZIP_ER_OPNOTSUPP] Operation not supported (https://libzip.org/documentation/zip_errors.html).

Checking for related libzip issues I get this one https://github.com/nih-at/libzip/issues/382 and maybe this https://github.com/nih-at/libzip/issues/381 - but this is beyond my understanding.

The only other or older libzip version available in osgeo4w is v1.7.3.
Exchanging the current bin/zipp.dll (libzip v1.10.1) from the QGIS 3.34.6 install with a zip.dll of a QGIS 3.34.5 install (or older), which should be v1.7.3, does solve the problem (for now). - So the problem lies within the libzip 1.10.1 version.

But the upstream issue remains and will re-occur in upcoming QGIS releases. So far I have no idea on how to support the fixing (apart from contributing to #382).

All the best
Thomas