[Qgis-user] Georeferencing dxf file in QGIS

Linda Boisvert lbsvrt at gmail.com
Tue May 14 12:35:28 PDT 2024

Hello,

I have been trying to georeference a dxf file created by a solar design
software.

I can import the file without issues but the design sits in the middle of
the Pacific Ocean. I have georeferenced rasters before but I can't get this
dxf file to budge.

I have tried many of the suggestions I have found online for georeferencing
the dxf file.

I have tried to move the design using QAD and QAD did not find objects when
I tried to select the design or any single line.

I imported the file into LibreCAD and the file worked fine in that software.

I imported the file into ArcGIS and I could not see the lines of the dxf
file.

I have attached a test dxf if someone wants to try it out and find a
solution. The building is the Eugene Brucker Education Center 4100 Normal
Street San Diego, CA 92103.

Does anyone have any suggestions for georeferencing this file or any idea
what the issue may be?

--
Sincerely,
Linda Boisvert