[Qgis-user] Labeling: Allow HTML Formatting, text-size and map units

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Wed May 15 12:00:38 PDT 2024

Thomas and list,

On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 7:20 AM Thomas Schüttenberg via QGIS-User <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Ha!
> I found an other way around to do the trick, suitable for my use case at
> least:
>
> 1) increasing the (overall) text size setting on the text tab by 2/3
> 2) putting only the attributes/text strings of the second and following
> lines between <sub>...</sub> tags, which renders them about 2/3 smaler,
> i.e. same as before.
>
> The (reverse) result is a multi line label with the first line emphazised
> by its larger size! ;-)
>
> "Bezeichnung" || '<p><sub>D ' || round("Deckelhohe",2) ||
>
> In your first note you mentioned:

But only pt (points) seams to work as the unit in this place, which gives a
> fixed size throughout all scales and does not respect the behavior of the
> map units with maximum scale setting.

I suppose you tried style="font-size: 75%;" and maybe style="font-size:
0.75em;", and they did not work?

I wonder if, besides <sub>...</sub>, you might have tried
<small>...</small>?
--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.