[Qgis-user] Advance Digitising Tools- compass bearings

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Fri May 17 04:00:00 PDT 2024

Phil,

The Shape Tools plugin has an "Azimuth distance digitizer" and for what you
are talking about an "Azimuth distance sequence digitizer". With the latter
function you click on a starting location and then give a list of azimuth,
distance sequences. I have used this for old surveys like this. There is
also an declination offset just in case your surveys were using magnetic
north and not true north. In that case you have to look up what the
declination offset was for your 1880s date.

Regards,
Calvin