[Qgis-user] traitement "nuage de points LIDAR"

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Tue May 28 04:47:48 PDT 2024

Dear Georges,

Windows 7 is not supported anymore by QGIS. Windows 10 should still work,
but only in 64bit mode. We phased out the 32bit Windows version.

In general - to display and process point cloud data we recommend a recent
and fast machine with sufficient RAM. For 3D display a good graphics card
(OpenGL) is recommended.

Hope this helps,
Andreas

On Tue, 28 May 2024 at 12:27, Georges MARESCAUX via QGIS-User <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I own 2 “eMachines EL 1600” computers (Intel ® Atom ™ CPU 230 @1.60GHz )
> one with “Windows 7 home” operating system, the other with “Windows 10
> professional”.
>
> I can't install the latest versions of QGIS.
>
> Message displayed: "This installation package is not supported by this
> type of processor. Contact your reseller".
>
> However, I was able to install QGIS 3.18.3 Zürich, to which I added the
> “LAStools” extension.
>
> I wanted to use the “point cloud” files provided by the "
> https://geoservices.ign.fr/lidarhd" site, named
> "LHD_FXX_????_????_PTS_C_LAMB92_IGN69.copc.laz", but they didn't seem to be
> taken into account when I added them (“Open Data Source Manager” -> “Point
> Cloud” -> "..." (Browse) -> “Add”.
>
> Are they not recognized by this version of QGIS? Is this a mistake on my
> part? Or are other extensions missing?
>
> Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further
> information. Thank you very much.
>
> Georges MARESCAUX
>
> Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
>
> Bonjour,
>
> je possède 2 ordinateurs “eMachines EL 1600” (Intel ® Atom ™ CPU 230
> @1.60GHz ) l'un avec le système d'exploitation “Windows 7 familiale”,
> l'autre avec “Windows 10 professionel”.
>
> Il m'est impossible d'installer les dernières versions de QGIS.
>
> Message affiché: "ce package d'installation n'est pas pris en charge par
> ce type de processeur. Contactez votre revendeur".
>
> Par contre j'ai pu installé la version QGIS 3.18.3 Zürich auquel j'ai
> installé l'extension “LAStools”.
>
> Voulant exploiter les fichiers “nuage de points” mis à disposition par le
> site "https://geoservices.ign.fr/lidarhd" nommés sous la forme:
> "LHD_FXX_????_????_PTS_C_LAMB92_IGN69.copc.laz", ces derniers semblent ne
> pas être pris en compte au moment de les ajouter ("Ouvrir le Gestionnaire
> des sources de données" -> “Nuage de points” -> "..." (Parcourir) ->
> “Ajouter”.
>
> Ne sont-ils pas reconnus par cette version de QGIS? Est-ce une erreur de
> ma part? ou manque-t-il d'autres extensions?
>
> Me tenant à votre entière disposition pour toutes informations
> complémentaires et en vous remerciant, cordialement.
>
> Georges MARESCAUX

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)