[Qgis-user] QGIS and Sustainability
Greg Troxel
gdt at lexort.com
Sun Sep 27 05:10:41 PDT 2026
Katie via QGIS-User <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> writes:
> I have been advised that I shouldn't rely on Home Assistant supporting
> solar panels as my only clear example of open source software directly
> supporting sustainable initiatives. I'm wondering if anyone is aware
> of any initiatives where QGIS is supporting sustainability?
"have been advised" is passive voice where you avoid explaining the real
issue. In particular, there's no reason to assume whatever that refers
to makes any sense. I'm left wondering whether there is a theory that
only Free Software must defend that it is "sustainable" (whatever that
means", or whether it applies to proprietary software too.
I don't think it's reasonable to ask people to spend time speculating on
what feels like a willfully vague question.
More information about the QGIS-User
mailing list