[QGIS-ZA-user] QGIS User Group South Africa - Meeting

immob19 at gmail.com immob19 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 05:18:14 PST 2018

I've invited you to fill in the following form:
QGIS User Group South Africa - Meeting

To fill it in, visit:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeqaSxO1C6E8n48NQqqXZg18bRg-pw2UOlzg50ASLdDqedrhA/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link

Hello Everyone,

We are just 3 days away from our 5th South African QGIS User Group meeting
in Cape Town and Midrand/Gauteng. This is our final announcement and you
may still register for our exciting programmes as below.

The agenda for the Cape Town meeting will be:

09:30 - 10:00 Registration
10:00 - 10:30 Feedback from the previous QGIS UG meetings and general
discussions (e.g. CPD points)
10:30 - 11:00 Technical Talk 1 - Kevin Musungu: Change Detection in the
Horticultural Region of Cape Town using LANDSAT Imagery
11:00 - 11:30 Coffee/Tea break
11:30 - 12:00 Technical Talk 2 - Immo Blecher: Using the Atlas feature to
present groundwater quality per Western Cape primary catchment with feature
count - a challenge
12:00 - 12:30 Technical Talk 3 - Dean Ollis: A few tips and tricks in
accessing and working with freely available biodiversity data in QGIS
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 14:30 - Frank Sokolic: Georeferencing and Mosaicking Aerial
Photographs
14:30 - Open ending: Questions and Answers around QGIS/FOSSGIS (technical,
how-to's, tricks, tips etc.) e.g. Dean Ollis: How to perform a few
functions in QGIS that are easily achievable in ArcGIS but do not seem so
easy to do in QGIS.

The venue in Cape Town is:
Dept. Rural Development and Land Reform, 19 Rhodes Avenue, Van der Sterr
Building, Mowbray, 7705

The agenda for the Midrand meeting will be:

09:30 - 10:00 Registration
10:00 - 10:30 Feedback from the previous QGIS UG meetings and general
discussions
10:30 - 11:15 Technical Talk 1 - Gavin Fleming: How QGIS was used to
support the Cape Town Marathon and Cape Town Carnival
11:15 - 11:45 Coffee/Tea break
11:45 - 12:30 Technical Talk 2 - Gerhard Brits: Which file format? What are
the advantages and usage of different file types available in QGIS?
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 14:30 Technical Talk 3 - Gerhard Brits: Using QGIS in a mixed GIS
Landscape
14:30 - Open ending: Demos of plugins and general QGIS functions, Questions
and Answers around QGIS/FOSSGIS (technical, how-to's, tricks, tips etc.)

The venue in Midrand is:
Eskom Academy of Learning, Dale Rd, Komati House Building (security will
direct you, but Gerhard will send out another mail to the Midrand
participants).

Looking forward to our interesting programmes!

Regards and See You All there!
Immo Blecher and Gerhard Brits

Google Forms: Create and analyse surveys.