[QGIS-ZA-user] QGIS User Group South Africa - Meeting

immob19 at gmail.com immob19 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 05:38:33 PDT 2019

I've invited you to fill in the following form:
QGIS User Group South Africa - Meeting

To fill it in, visit:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdqqCku92HUnD1EXWCmhGxFVfMtsq4VJ-GkcWTRTtF9vq5OSw/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link

Dear QGIS User Group Member,

It is time again to meet up and share not only QGIS related things, but
also anything valuable around GISs and spatial data in general. With all
the holidays in April we have decided to have both our meetings in Gauteng
and Cape Town on the 2nd of May 2019.

We would also like to invite UG members from the other provinces to
consider setting up  these meetings in their area as there is clearly a
need outside Gauteng and Cape Town, which are not always easy to reach.
Please contact myself or Gerhard and we will gladly share the list of users
in your area with anybody who is willing to offer their valuable time to
organise these meetings.

The programme for our next meeting is not cast in stone and we would
encourage anyone of you to present something on QGIS, or anything related,
and also bring your laptop if you need help with anything or want to show
us what you have achieved. We are sure there are many wonderful examples of
projects where QGIS has been used successfully (or not), especially where
new features have been tried and tested. Please let us know as soon as
possible whether you can do something in this respect, whether it will be a
presentation or a Q&A/HowTo or anything else. We will send out the
programme with our 2nd announcement in about 2 weeks time.

This time we will also try and register for CPD points for the meeting,
process of which is already underway. Unfortunately this involves some
money and we are therefore looking for potential sponsors for the fees
payable for the registration of the UG meeting with SAGI, GISSA or IMSSA or
directly with the SAGC. I am sure that follow-up meetings, which are a lot
cheaper, can be paid for with the donations collected during the meetings
(if there is money left after the pizzas are paid for :D).

See you all there!

Immo and Gerhard
immob19 at gmail.com, BritsJG at eskom.co.za

Google Forms: Create and analyse surveys.