[QGIS-ZA-user] How to add Google Earth Satellite on Qgis

Gavin Fleming gavin at kartoza.com
Fri Sep 4 06:16:53 PDT 2020

Hi Mahlape

You can’t use Google Earth in GIS software since Google Earth is 3D globe (on the WGS84 spheroid). You can however get Google Maps and other public providers via the QSM (QuickMapServices) plugin or by adding a properly constructed url to the list of XYZ providers, like the OSM one that is already there (http://tile.openstreetmap.org/{z}/{x}/{y}.png <http://tile.openstreetmap.org/%7Bz%7D/%7Bx%7D/%7By%7D.png>)

hth

Gavin