[QGIS-ZA-user] Hartebeeshoek L027

Sindile Bidla sindile.bidla at geoilocate.co.za
Mon Jan 4 01:29:36 PST 2021

Hi Jordan,

I agree with Frank on using EPSG:102566 Hartebeesthoek94_Lo27_(E-N)

You can also read through the following:

https://gist.github.com/gubuntu/6403425

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/32391

https://community.esri.com/t5/coordinate-reference-systems/why-is-the-projection-upside-down/td-p/816519?ru=3120&sr=stream

Regards,

On 2021/01/04 09:40, Frank Sokolic via qgis-za-user wrote:
> Hi Jordaan,
>
> Have you tried using  "EPSG:102566 Hartebeesthoek94_Lo27_(E-N)"?
> Although EPSG 2052 is an official South African CRS it is south
> oriented, which is why you have had to manipulate the coordinates as
> you describe.
>
> Regards, Frank.
>
> On 2021/01/03 17:42, Jordaan Fouche via qgis-za-user wrote:
>>
>> Dear All
>>
>> I am buy working on a project which is in  Hartebeeshoek L027 (EPSG
>> 2052). It appears that all my data is transposed.
>>
>> Some of the vector data that I am importing has been exported from
>> Arc, others are photo mozaics from the NGI, and others are SGO data,
>> however every datapoint has been transposed. I.e. what should be
>> plotting SW is plotting NE, and what should be plotting NW is
>> plotting SE.
>>
>> Has anybody encountered this problem before. I have corrected some of
>> the data by exporting the geometry through MMQIS, then multiply the
>> coordinates by -1 and, re-import to a WGS84 project. Then the data
>> plots in the right place. But it is an helluva work around and it
>> should not be like that. Or am I doing something wrong?
>>
>> Jordaan

Sindile XJ Bidla

Geoilocate