[QGIS-ZA-user] Polygon Centroids Extraction - New User

Frank Sokolic sokolic at worldonline.co.za
Mon Mar 1 04:05:06 PST 2021

Hi Herbert,

I haven't tested it but you could try something like this:

1) Load the csv file into QGIS using the "Add Delimited Text Layer" tool
(Shift + Ctrl + T)
2) Use the "Minimum bounding geometry" tool to create a polygon around
each cluster (Processing Toolbox > Vector geometry > Minimum bounding
geometry)
3) Generate centroids for each polygon (Processing Toolbox > Vector
geometry > Centroids)

Hope this helps.

Regards, Frank.