[QGIS-ZA-user] Gdal can't open output file

Admire Nyakudya addloe at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 00:07:03 PDT 2022

Hi Lawrence

On 2022/09/08 07:34, lawrence Sharpley via qgis-za-user wrote:
> gdal_contour -b 1 -a ELEV -i 10.0 -f "GPKG"
> contextualWMSLegend=0&crs=EPSG:3857&dpiMode=7&featureCount=10&format=image/png8&layers=pyrbuild:contours_5m_sudem_wc&styles=pyrbuild:contours&tileMatrixSet=EPSG:3857&url=https://sungis08.stb.sun.ac.za/geoserver/gwc/service/wmts?
> /tmp/contours.gpkg

In order for you to run the gdal_contour algorithm you need to have a
DEM layer as Input. And from the parameters you have shared you are
accessing a WMS layer and you won't have access to the individual values
of the elevation layer. You need to check if the service has WCS exposed
and load the layer into QGIS and save it out as a geotiff therefore
acquiring the individual values of the DEM layer.

As for the layer permission issue I suggest you create a folder either
in /tmp/ or in your home directory and make the folder owned by you like
chown -R ${user}:${user} /tmp/output and executable chmod -R 777
/tmp/output.

Regards

Admire