[Ráfaga]Nº930 - Summer issue #3

Jorge Sanz jsanz at carto.com
Tue Sep 11 04:40:51 PDT 2018

Nº930: radical, water, first nations, land value, stonehenge, polution,
lego, hexgrid, islands, buildings
<http://localhost:4000/rafagas/2018/08-31.html>

Fri, 31 Aug 2018 by Raf

   - The Radical Cartography Atlas is a collection of maps and essays
   around globalization social topics, inherently political, now available
   also as printed book
   http://www.an-atlas.com/
   - 2015 data and maps about USA water consumption, by main sectors
   https://owi.usgs.gov/vizlab/water-use-15/#view=USA&category=total
   - Map of Canadian First Nations
   http://fnpim-cippn.aandc-aadnc.gc.ca/index-eng.html
   - 2018 report on Latinamerica land value is ready
   https://valorsueloamericalatina.org/
   - Interactive map of all artifacts found around the Stonehenge location
   http://web.org.uk/barrowmap/
   - Formaldehyde pollution over India makes their sky really different
   from imagery data
   https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-44550091
   - A very simple recipe on how to create QGIS Lego-like maps
   https://blog.data-wax.com/2018/06/07/jouer-aux-lego-avec-qgis/
   - Uber explains on a technical post their new open source hexagonal
   hierarchical grid system
   http://eng.uber.com/h3/
   - All bigger than 5 km2 Great Britain islands reordered by area
   https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/blog/2018/06/britains-largest-islands/
   - Microsoft open releases more than 124 million building footprints,
   produced using deep learning and artificial intelligence techniques

   https://blogs.bing.com/maps/2018-06/microsoft-releases-125-million-building-footprints-in-the-us-as-open-data/

Note from Jorge: Back from summer holidays, I’ll try to catch up with Raf’s
issues as fast as I can, bear with me ^_^

Raf (70)