[SAC] Drupal "development" Instance / New logins

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Dec 5 14:53:40 EST 2006

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 08:04:43AM -0600, Howard Butler wrote:
> I do not hope to gum up the works, but I must admit to being somewhat
> skeptical of running our lives on MySQL.  I spent a few hours last
> week recovering GDAL's bugzilla instance from a crashed table due to
> a disk filling up and mucking up MySQL's transaction stuff.  I know
> that bazillions of sites do their business on MySQL, so maybe the
> problem was just the storage backend that was chosen, and nothing more.

Well, drupal also supports a postgresql backend. The install
instructions at http://drupal.org/node/260 make it look easy.
There could be some benefit in having complete simple features +
extensions, anyway. (Though i still really want OSGeo to help the
MySQL community work on sorting out their spatial support :) )

cheers,

jo