[SAC] New Blades - Initialization and tasking

John Graham johng at telascience.org
Tue Jul 25 21:53:21 EDT 2006

All

Page 38 explains the differences between Kickstart and Jumpstart
(Solaris os install)
http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0205/819-1692.pdf

I had a bad macro in the DHCP server that needed deleting.

These blades are pretty snappy they are on a GigE on a clean network.
I am moving storage around on bucket ... there will be ~1.2 TB of fast
storage.
There is an additional 18 TB storage not linked into the system yet...

Backups can be improved.. the data center has a backup scheduling system
i can take advantage of.. in the past  i have just kept duplicates of
data on several machines and on the blades there is a mkflash script
that snapshots the blade and stores it in a way that the system can be
restored to that point in about 45 min. these flash archives were stored
on bucket also.

The Agami has been touchy going across the network... I will look into
why NFS mounts were getting stale.

John