[SAC] DNS domain for telascience servers

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Fri Jul 28 21:39:16 EDT 2006

dear all, sorry for the lag, i've been at OSCON all week with no
computer...

Daniel this makes a lot of sense to me. Yes, geodata.osgeo.org right now
is our project site / project pages. As a project chair I am 100% not
happy with what we have on CollabNet, and would *like* to redirect
geodata.osgeo as soon as we can find an alternative which also allows
us to start managing mailing list+archive hosting. But this is a
discussion for another time... :)

At the last geodata meeting we agreed to use a subdomain of
geodata.osgeo.org to point to what is currently
geodata.telascience.org - dev.geodata.osgeo.org ,
find.geodata.osgeo.org , phat.pile.of.geodata.osgeo.org etc, and i
will submit support ticket requests through https://support.osgeo.org/
to get new DNS subdomains set up  - i have been advised by auke that
this is the best thing to do and SAC will be kept in the loop.

cheers,

jo

--
ghug is my email archiving bot. if you see it cc'd on this email,
please leave it cc'd, that will help me a lot. http://frot.org/ghug