[SAC] RE: [Web Comm] Re: Migration planning meeting

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 26 11:55:07 EDT 2006

Jason Birch wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The research matrix is now up with all results.
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Infrastructure_Transition_Plan#Provider_
> Matrix
>
> Our initial recommendation is to get quotes from these three:
>
> - Hurricaine
> - PEER1
> - iWeb (?)
>
> Does anyone have objections to any of these three?  We need to be able
> to accept the lowest quote from the three unless there is a strong
> reason not to.  Do we just want to get q quote from HE and see if it's
> reasonable?
>
> I'm gone for the day, but I'd like to wrap this up tomorrow.

Jason,

As much as I think the service level agreements are mostly a joke, it
seems we abandoned OSU OSL because it did not have one.  To the best
of my knowledge iweb also does not offer service level agreements, so
I think we should leave it out.  I would suggest adding in rack space
instead since they are highly regarded albeit with the understanding they
are unlikely to be very cost competative.

PS. I'd really like to encourage everyone involved to join the sac list.
These super cross posting results in very corrupted subject lines and
drive me crazy.  IMHO webcom should primariliy be consulted for drupal
web site type discussions.  And your (Jason) involvement in sac is enough
to ensure webcom infrastructure needs should be met.