[SAC] MapGuide site and SVN

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 12 03:13:06 EDT 2007

Frank wrote:
>> Tyler,
>>
>> We don't seem to control mapguide.org.  I guess Autodesk still holds it.
>> It likely has a CNAME forwarding to https://mapguide.osgeo.org/.  It
>> likely
>> ought to forward to http://mapguide.osgeo.org/
>>
>> However, we could look into https enabling mapguide.osgeo.org.  I'll
>> take a
>> quick look.
>>
>> Best regards,

Bob,

I haven't made any changes for https://mapguide.osgeo.org/.  Jason pointed
out that the following url currently does work.  I'm quite confused what aspect
of our wildcarding this is going through!

https://mapguide.osgeo.org/mapguide/branches/1.1.x/MgDev/Server/src/Common/Manager/LogThread.cpp

What I had done is change fdo.osgeo.org.  I moved the fdo host config out
of /etc/httpd/conf.d/virtual_host.conf into /etc/httpd/conf.d/hosts/fdo.conf
and added a :443 virtual host so that https://fdo.osgeo.org/ also goes to
the normal drupal instance.

After restarting apache I noticed that the https://fdo.osgeo.org traffic
still gets logged in /var/log/httpd/access_log instead of ssl_access_log.
Is there a specific reason we keep these separate?

And what is the distinction between the ssl_request_log and the ssl_access_log?

If there are no objections, I can also update the mapguide.osgeo.org config
similarly to the fdo.osgeo.org config.  If anyone notices that my changes
have broken something with the fdo.osgeo.org config, let me know.