[SAC] Re: Moving Wiki?

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Sat Apr 14 11:01:12 EDT 2007

On Wed, April 11, 2007 22:18, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> Back to the issue of wiki management.  Spamming is increasing and I
> think we need to get lower level access to the system by moving it to
> our infrastructure.  In the meantime, can we ask Terrestris to
> require email address confirmation during registration before being
> allowed to post?
>
> Tyler

Hi Tyler,
I have been offline for a few days, sorry to be late reacting. We have new
email addresses as of 2007 and I am not sure whether Benjamin still reads
any ccgis mails as they were heavily spammed. His address now is
benjamin.thelen at you-know-who.com

Till,
sorry to bother yet again, could you please enable email verification for
the OSGeo wiki? This is pressing as the Wiki has been "found" by a series
of ugly bots causing a lot of manual reverting to be done.

SAC,
we are only waiting for you to say that you are ready and have a machine
up and running. It does not take much as it is now, just install MySQL,
PHP and MediaWiki. The rest is just one MySQL dump file, and some config
file muggling...
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Configuration_settings

If this will take you longer than expected (or Tyler gets really fed up
soon) we can sponsor one year's worth of a root server at our ISP and let
SAC get full access on that machine, backup and so on are taken care of by
us.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

--