[SAC] LDAP in Drupal

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Wed Dec 19 15:20:24 EST 2007

On 19.12.2007 21:59, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> I think this is great news (despite some early concern).  As discussed
> in IRC I think we need to be careful who has PHP editing permission in
> Drupal since that is a backdoor to querying the database and/or doing
> other unpriveledged operations on the server.

Agreed. Inline PHP scripting should be handled with care.

> What is the url for a user to update their email, password and other
> LDAP info?  Can we point the appropriate portion of the page:
>
>   http://www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid
>
> to that?

http://www.osgeo.org/user/<userid>/edit, or point to
http://www.osgeo.org/user and tell people to edit their profile.

There is a link in the main below the language content labeled 'My
account' which points to the account page, from where the user can
choose the edit link.

> Likewise, is there a mechanism for searching for an ldap userid and
> for creating new ones?  If Drupal can handle these functions, lets
> move to it instead of using the custom python scripts, and update
> the osgeo_userid page accordingly.  With luck, the "ldap group
> management" will be the last of the custom python scripts we need to
> use.

There is http://www.osgeo.org/search/user but that only searched by
userid :( I'll have to check if I can find a module which could expand
on this or indeed use the ldap to search for a user... Tyler perhaps the
ldap_provisioning module can do this?

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>