[SAC] Re: ! www.osgeo.org HTTP DOWN

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Thu Dec 20 04:55:50 EST 2007

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 09:59:21AM +0100, Martin Spott wrote:

> To see, if this makes a solution, I've changed the MaxClients directive
> for the prefork MPM from 150 to 50. Please have a look if this still
> serves the goal,

Adding to that, I've reduced the KeepAliveTimeout from 15 to 7 seconds,
as 7 seconds seems to be a good estimate for the time it takes to load
a single page.

I don't think that increasing the MaxClients number makes too much
sense here: The whole machine has a limited amount of RAM which then
has to be shared among MySQL, Apache, Postfix, Courier IMAP !?!?!?,
Mailman, ADSM (client), a local BIND9, several backup scripts and
others. Personally I'd say we'd better should have a server that
behaves a bit slow sometimes than a server which requires us to take
special care every third morning.

Cheerio,